Tony Ling was a forceful left-handed batsman who played nine matches for Glamorgan in the mid 1930`s, as well as in five matches for Somerset in 1939.
Ling had captained the Stowe XI in 1928, before winning a place in Wiltshire`s side. His attractive strokeplay in Minor County and club cricket attracted the attention of Glamorgan`s selectors who were keen to give chances to young Welsh amateurs. The Skewen-born batsman duly made his Glamorgan debut in 1934 against Cambridge University, but in thirteen innings for Glamorgan he failed to register a half-century.
Ling continued to play for Glamorgan`s 2nd XI in their Minor County matches in 1936 and 1937, before business took him to the West Country.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE