Percy Morris was a leading figure in the affairs of Swansea Cricket and Football Club either side of the Great War, captaining the cricket team in 1911 and 1921.
He was a steady right-handed batsman and a useful seam bowler, and in 1906 he made his debut for Glamorgan in their Minor County encounter with Monmouthshire on his home wicket at St.Helen`s. Morris subsequently appeared in 45 further Minor County fixtures, with his nagging medium pace bowling often being quite effective, as in the match in 1920 at the Arms Park against Surrey 2nd XI when Morris claimed 4/28.
Morris briefly appeared in several first-class matches for Glamorgan between 1921 and 1925, but by this time his best years were behind him. His first-class debut had been in 1912 when he represented South Wales in their match against the South Africans at Swansea.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE