FORD, Augustus Frank Justice.
Born at Paddington, London, 12th September 1858.
Died at Marylebone, London, 20th May 1931.
The son of W.A.Ford of London, who played for the M.C.C. in 1839. He was educated at Repton School where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1874-77, captain 1876-77. He went up to Kings College, Cambridge, and was a member of the University Eleven 1878-81. He played in 51 first-class matches altogether, 18 of them for Middlesex. He gained his B.A. in 1881 and became a private tutor and coach for the Army and Universities. In 1905 he was living at Sparrow’s Nest, Felixstowe, and in 1910 at 4 Cornwall Mansions, Ashburnham Road, Chelsea, London. His brothers F.G.J. and W.J. both played for Middlesex, his nephew N.M. for Derbyshire and Middlesex and his uncle G.J. for Oxford University.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was at home with his mother, Katherine M., aged 53, at 24a Sussex Square, Paddington, London. He is aged 22 and a B.A. Cambridge. His brother Henry J., aged 21, a student at Cambridge and three sisters Alice S.J., aged 18, Julia M.J., aged 17, and Mrs. Flora E.J.Hayman, aged 25, a physicians wife, were also present. There are four domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE