Born at Malins Lee, Shropshire, 31st January 1855.
Died at Branksome Park, Dorset, 29th June 1917.
His match for Middlesex in 1881 was his only first-class appearance, although he played for Suffolk from 1877 until 1882. He eventually went into the Church.
The 1881 Census shows him as being resident at Woodland House School, Woodland Road, Edmonton, Middlesex, and described as a School Assistant (Music), aged 26, born at Dawley, Shropshire and married. He is there Richard Arden DAVIS – no hyphen. He appears after the headmaster, his wife and two sons, a lady companion and three servants, but before eighteen scholars aged 9-16 and a further School Assistant aged 23.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE