Born at Malins Lee, Shropshire, 31st January 1855.
Died at Branksome Park, Dorset, 29th June 1917.
His match for Middlesex in 1881 was his only first-class appearance, although he played for Suffolk from 1877 until 1882. He eventually went into the Church.
The 1881 Census shows him as being resident at Woodland House School, Woodland Road, Edmonton, Middlesex, and described as a School Assistant (Music), aged 26, born at Dawley, Shropshire and married. He is there Richard Arden DAVIS – no hyphen. He appears after the headmaster, his wife and two sons, a lady companion and three servants, but before eighteen scholars aged 9-16 and a further School Assistant aged 23.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE