Born at Malins Lee, Shropshire, 31st January 1855.
Died at Branksome Park, Dorset, 29th June 1917.
His match for Middlesex in 1881 was his only first-class appearance, although he played for Suffolk from 1877 until 1882. He eventually went into the Church.
The 1881 Census shows him as being resident at Woodland House School, Woodland Road, Edmonton, Middlesex, and described as a School Assistant (Music), aged 26, born at Dawley, Shropshire and married. He is there Richard Arden DAVIS – no hyphen. He appears after the headmaster, his wife and two sons, a lady companion and three servants, but before eighteen scholars aged 9-16 and a further School Assistant aged 23.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in India 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE