Born at Malins Lee, Shropshire, 31st January 1855.
Died at Branksome Park, Dorset, 29th June 1917.
His match for Middlesex in 1881 was his only first-class appearance, although he played for Suffolk from 1877 until 1882. He eventually went into the Church.
The 1881 Census shows him as being resident at Woodland House School, Woodland Road, Edmonton, Middlesex, and described as a School Assistant (Music), aged 26, born at Dawley, Shropshire and married. He is there Richard Arden DAVIS – no hyphen. He appears after the headmaster, his wife and two sons, a lady companion and three servants, but before eighteen scholars aged 9-16 and a further School Assistant aged 23.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE