|Scorecard:||Australia v Zimbabwe|
- This was the 1661st Test match in cricket history.
- This was the second Test match between these two sides. Australia have won both.
- Australian total (735-6d) was the highest by any side against Zimbabwe and sixth highest in Test history. The previous highest total achieved against Zimbabwe was Indiaís 609-6d at Nagpur in 2000-01. The following table lists all totals of 700-plus in Test cricket :
Total For Vs Venue Season 952-6d Sri Lanka India Colombo RPS 1997-98 903-7d England Australia The Oval 1938 849 England West Indies Kingston 1929-30 790-3d West Indies Pakistan Kingston 1957-58 758-8d Australia West Indies Kingston 1954-55 735-6d Australia Zimbabwe Perth 2003-04 729-6d Australia England Lord's 1930 708 Pakistan England The Oval 1987 701 Australia England The Oval 1934
- Australiaís total was also the highest by a side put into bat after losing the toss. The previous highest was Englandís 653-4d against India at Lordís in 1990. The accompanying table has the details:
Total For Put in by (country) Venue Season 735-6d Australia HH Streak (Zim) Perth 2003-04 653-4d England M Azharuddin (Ind) Lord's 1990 621-5d South Africa DJ Nash (NZ) Auckland 1998-99 619 Australia GS Sobers (WI) Sydney 1968-69 605-9d Australia BC Lara (WI) Bridgetown 2002-03 601-7d Australia DI Gower (Eng) Leeds 1989 601-8d Australia L Hutton (Eng) Brisbane 1954-55
- Matthew Hayden (380) became the highest run-scorer in a Test innings obliterating Brian Laraís 375 against England at St.Johnís in 1993-94.This was also the sixth triple hundred by an Australian, first against Zimbabwe and 17th overall in Test cricket. Hayden established many new records during his epic innings, which are being given separately.
- The sixth wicket partnership of 233 runs between Hayden and Adam Gilchrist was the highest for any side for this wicket against Zimbabwe. This obliterated the unbroken 189 run-partnership between Sri Lankan pair of Aravinda de Silva and Arjuna Ranatunga at Colombo SSC in 1997-98.
- Between lunch and tea on day two, Hayden and Gilchrist each added over a hundred runs to his personal score. This was the first instance of two batsmen adding hundred runs during a session in a Test match
- All Zimbabwean bowlers conceded at least 100 runs in Australian innings. This provided the fourth such instance in Test cricket. The details :
WI (652-8d) v Eng Lord's 1973 GG Arnold 0/111; RGD Willis 4/118; AW Greig 3/180; DL Underwood 0/105; R Illingworth 1/114
Aus (528) v Ind Adelaide 1980-81 Kapil Dev 2/112; KD Ghavri 0/106; DR Doshi 3/146; NS Yadav 4/143
Pak (500-7d) v SL Lahore 1981-82 ALF de Mel 3/120; JR Ratnayeke 3/121; DS de Silva 1/129; RGCE Wijesuriya 0/105
Aus (735-6d) v Zim Perth 2003-04 HH Streak 0/131; AM Blignaut 0/115; SM Ervine 4/146; RW Price 0/187; TR Gripper 2/142
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in Australia 2015/16
- India Women in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Pakistan in New Zealand 2015/16
- Scotland in Hong Kong 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE