|Event:||South Africa in Pakistan 2007/08|
DateLine: 21st October 2007
South African all-rounder Vernon Philander has returned home after failing to recover from a hamstring injury during the tour in Pakistan, a team official said Sunday.
The 22-year-old suffered a hamstring strain before the five-match one-day series started last week and was ruled out of the first two matches.
"Philander left on Saturday as medical reports said that he would require another two weeks to return to full fitness," team spokesman Michael Owen-Smith said.
Owen-Smith said no replacement has been sought for Philander.
South Africa play the third one-day international against Pakistan in Faisalabad on Tuesday.
The Proteas won the first match in Lahore by 45 runs before Pakistan levelled the series with a 25-run win on Saturday -- both in Lahore.
Philander made his one-day debut against Ireland in July this year and has since played five one-dayers and as many Twenty20 internationals.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 AFP)
- Australia in Bangladesh 2021
- Austria in Belgium 2021
- Austria Women in Italy 2021
- Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2021
- Germany International T20 Quadrangular Series 2021
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India in England 2021
- India in Sri Lanka 2021
- Inter-Insular Women's Twenty20 Series 2021
- Netherlands Women in Ireland 2021
- Pakistan in England 2021
- Pakistan in West Indies 2021
- South Africa in Ireland 2021
View all Current Events CLICK HERE