|Ground:||Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore|
|Scorecard:||Faisalabad Wolves v Quetta Bears|
|Player:||Mohammad Hafeez, Jalat Khan, Nasim Khan, Shahid Nazir|
|Event:||ABN-AMRO Twenty-20 Cup 2004/05|
DateLine: 26th April 2005
LAHORE, 26 April 2005: Faisalabad Wolves stalked the Quetta Bears by a convincing 9 wickets margin in the ABN AMRO Twenty-20 Cup at the Gaddafi Stadium here on Tuesday.
Pace bowler Shahid Nazir won the Man of the Match award for his devastating swing bowling as he single-handedly ran through the Bears’ batting line up to bundle them out for a paltry 95-run total.
The Bears won the toss and elected to bat first. Apart from Jalat Khan and Nasim Khan no other batsman could reach double figures. Jalat scored 35 off 29 balls. He hit one six and dispatched three fours. Nasim contributed 22 off 20 balls and hit three fours. Shahid, who had recently toured India with the Pakistan team finished with 4 for 11. Saeed Ajmal claimed two wickets for 18 runs.
The Wolves lost their opener Mohammad Salman when the total score was only 3. But Mohammad Hafeez and Asif Hussain safely led their team to a comfortable victory in only 7.4 overs. Hafeez made 49 off 22 balls. He hit two huge sixes and sent thye cherry six times across the ropes. Asif made 31 with the help of five fours off 28 balls.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2005 Asif Sohail)
- England Women in Pakistan 2021/22
- Gibraltar in Malta 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Asia Qualifier A 2021/22
- ICC Men's T20 World Cup Sub Regional Africa Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier Europe 2021/22
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Americas Region Qualifier 2021/22
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Sierra Leone in Nigeria 2021/22
- Valletta Cup 2021/22
View all Current Events CLICK HERE