|Ground:||Farmers Cricket Club Ground, St Martin|
|Scorecard:||Guernsey Under-19s v Ireland Under-19s|
|Player:||M Breban, SC Getkate, CA Young, A Balbirnie|
|Event:||European Under-19 Championship 2009|
DateLine: 17th July 2009
Ireland crushed Guernsey by 232 runs at Farmerís Field in Jersey.
Ireland were at one stage reduced to 27/3 early on. One of those wickets was that of the prolific Paul Stirling.
James Shannon (38) added 85 for the fourth wicket with skipper Andrew Balbirnie.
The captain showed great application adjusting to the difficult conditions, before accelerating as the ball softened and batting became much easier. He top-scored with 83. The middle and lower all chipped in, with good contributions from George Dockrell (28 not out), Lee Nelson (27), and Stuart Poynter (19).
Boosted by the concession of 55 extras, a final Irish total of 281 was always going to be beyond the capabilities of Guernsey. In the bowling, Matthew Breban (3-38) excelled.
Guernsey mustered just 49 runs in 16.2 overs.
Craig Young claimed 5/22 in seven overs, while Shane Getkate took 3/18. Graeme McCarter finished things off with 2/2 from eight deliveries.
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Africa Region Qualifier 2021
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India Women in Australia 2021/22
- New Zealand in Pakistan 2021/22
- New Zealand Women in England 2021
- South Africa Women in West Indies 2021
- Thailand Women in Africa 2021
- Zimbabwe in Ireland and Scotland 2021
View all Current Events CLICK HERE