|Ground:||Castle Avenue, Dublin|
|Scorecard:||Ireland v Kenya|
|Player:||WTS Porterfield, WK McCallan, AR Cusack, KO Otieno, DO Obuya, TM Odoyo|
|Event:||Kenya in Ireland 2009|
DateLine: 10th July 2009
Skipper William Porterfield played a fine had of 81 at the top of the innings as Ireland put it across Kenya in the first of their three One-day internationals.
Kenya won the toss and got off to a fine start with openers David Obuya and Kennedy Otieno putting up 80 runs. Otieno and Alex Obanda then put up 46 runs before the wheels fell of the innings and Kenya managed only 214/9 in their 50 overs.
Off-spinner Kyle McCallan was the bowling star for Ireland, with figures of 4/30 off 10 overs while Alex Cusack claimed 3/37.
In reply, Porterfield, who has been out of business for a while, found good partners in Cusack and lower down the order as he anchored the innings with a fine 81 as Ireland reached 215/7 off 48.5 overs. Cusack contributed 30 runs and all the other batsmen chipped in as well.
Thomas Odoyo claimed 4/33 for Kenya but he didnt find enough support from the other end.
- Australia in Sri Lanka 2022
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- Inter-Insular Twenty20 Series 2022
- Namibia in Zimbabwe 2022
- New Zealand in British Isles 2022
- South Africa in India 2022
- South Africa Women in Ireland 2022
- Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2022
- Sri Lanka Women in Pakistan 2022
- Uganda Women in Nepal 2022
- West Indies in Netherlands 2022
- West Indies in Pakistan 2022
View all Current Events CLICK HERE