|Ground:||County Ground, Hove|
|Scorecard:||Sussex v Australians|
|Player:||NM Hauritz, BJ Haddin, SM Katich, MJ Clarke, B Lee, PSE Sandri|
|Event:||Australia in British Isles 2009|
DateLine: 25th June 2009
Brilliant half-centuries by wicketkeeper batsman Brad Haddin (69) and off-spinner Nathan Hauritz (65 not out), Australia ended Day One on a respectable 349 for the loss of seven wickets against Sussex at Hove. They were at one stage reeling at 114 having lost half their side.
After winning the toss and electing to bat first, Australian openers Phillip Hughes (15) and Simon Katich (49) started off well. The duo added 35 runs before Hughes became the first of Pepler Sandri's three victims.
After adding 13 runs with Katich skipper Ricky Ponting also got out, gifting his wicket to Luke Wright. Mike Hussey (32) and Katich then added 64 runs before three quick wickets swung the game in Sussexs favour.
The partnerships started to blossom from here. First Michael Clarke (45 with 4 boundaries and a six) and Brad Haddin (69 with seven boundaries and three sixes) added 114 runs for the sixth wicket. The stand brought Australia back into the game after the fall of early wickets.
After both of them fell within a span of four runs, another unbeaten partnership of 117 runs between Brett Lee (47) and Nathan Hauritz (65) made sure the Kangaroos end Day-One of the four-day match. Hauritz especially got stuck into Sussex bowlers hitting 12 boundaries in his knock.
- Asian Cricket Council Women's Twenty20 Championship 2022
- Australia in Sri Lanka 2022
- Bangladesh in West Indies 2022
- England in Netherlands 2022
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- India in England and Ireland 2022
- India Women in Sri Lanka 2022
- New Zealand in British Isles 2022
- Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2022
- Serbia in Bulgaria 2022
- South Africa in British Isles 2022
- South Africa Women in England 2022
View all Current Events CLICK HERE