Born at Rochdale, Lancashire, 17th April 1846.
Died at Marylebone, London, 30th July 1911.
He was the son of James Law, of Eltofts, near Leeds, Yorkshire. He was educated at St. Peters College, Radley, where he was a member of the cricket and football elevens 1862-64 and of the college eight 1863. His first-class debut was for the Gentlemen of England in 1871 and he played a total of eleven first-class matches between then and 1881, including three matches for Middlesex in 1881. He also played for Essex (1871) and Norfolk (1877). His brother the Rev William was educated at Harrow and Oxford and played four matches for Yorkshire.
In the 1881 Census no trace of him could be found.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in New Zealand 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in South Africa 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE