|Scorecard:||England v Pakistan|
- This was the 2025th one-day international match in cricket history.
- This was Englandís 372nd and Pakistanís 559th match.
- This was the 51st match between these two sides. The record now reads : England 29, Pakistan 21, abandoned one.
- Michael Vaughan was leading England for the first time in an ODI. He became 24th player to captain England in ODIs.
- Robbi Clarke, Anthony McGrath and Jamie Troughton were making their ODI debut. Now 176 players have represented England in the shorter version of the game at the international level.
- David Shepherd and Darrel Hair were officiating in their 131st and 86th match respectively. <
- Clarke became the 13th Englishman to suffer the ignominy of getting a duck in debut innings. He, however, later made for this lapse by taking a wicket off his first ball when he had Imran Nazir caught by Solanki. He became second Englishman after Geoff Arnold (v Australia at Old Trafford on 24-08-1972) to get a wicket off the very first ball of their ODI career.
- The two-wicket victory margin equals Pakistanís narrowest against England. They had won at Trent Bridge on 01-09-1996 by an identical margin.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India in Australia 2020/21
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE