|Scorecard:||Netherlands v Pakistan|
- After getting a first ball duck in the match against England, Inzamam-ul-Haq was out off the second ball he faced without opening the account once again.
- This was the Inzamam-ul-Haq’s 16th duck in his 288th match. He has now moved to third place among the Pakistani batsmen with most ducks.Only Wasim Akram (28) and Salim Malik (19) have aggregated more ducks than Inzamam-ul-Haq for Pakistan.
- Tim de Leede, by taking two wickets in the match, became the highest wicket-taker for Holland in ODIs. He now has 8 wickets in 11 matches , one more than the tally of 7 wickets by Roland Lefebvre in 10 matches. Interestingly all the eight wickets for de Leede have come in his last four matches. He had gone wicketless in his first seven matches. For the record, de Leede with 242 runs is also the highest run-getter for Holland in ODIs.
- When he claimed the wicket of opener Nick Statham, Wasim Akram became the first bowler to capture 500 wickets in ODI history. Playing in his 354th match, Wasim now has 502 wickets to his credit.
- The 40-extras conceded by Pakistani bowlers and fielders are the ninth most conceded by a side in a World Cup innings. Interestingly Pakistan have been involved in as many as five such instances.
- Extras top scored in Holland’s innings . This provided the eighth instance of extras being the top scorer in an innings in the World Cup.
- Holland has now lost 11 matches at a stretch since their debut in the 1996 World Cup.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)
- England in India 2020/21
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC Women's World Cup 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE