|Scorecard:||England v Netherlands|
- England bowled their first ball of the World Cup 16 hours and 30 minutes after the tournament began.
- Nick Statham became the 24th player to appear in ODIs for Holland.
- Andrew Caddick became the 24th Englishman and the 263rd player in ODIs to appear in 50 or more matches.
- Playing in his 9th ODI match Tim de Leede (58 not out) registered his maiden score of fifty-plus. His previous highest score was the 41 he made also against England at Peshawar in 1996.
- The unbeaten 30 run partnership between De Leede and Jeroen Smits is Holland's best for the last wicket in ODIs obliterating the 23 runs stand between Roland Lefebvre and Adeel Raja against Pakistan at Colombo in 2002.
- Playing in 10th match of his career Jimmy Anderson recorded his best bowling figures.His previous best was the 2-23 he claimed against Sri Lanka at Perth in 2002.
- Anderson became only the second England bowler after Alan Mullally (4-37 v Sri Lanka at Lord's in 1999) to take four wickets in a match on World Cup debut.
- Holland's 142-9 is the lowest total in an allocated 50-over match in the World Cup, where the team has not been dismissed. The previous record was also held by Holland. They had made 145-7 in 50 overs against Pakistan at Lahore in 1996. However the all time record in the World Cup belongs to East Africa who made 128-8 in their allocated 60 overs against New Zealand at Birmingham in 1975.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Rajneesh Gupta)
- England in India 2020/21
- England in Sri Lanka 2020/21
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India in Australia 2020/21
- India Women in Australia 2020/21
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2020/21
- New Zealand in Australia 2020/21
- Pakistan Women in South Africa 2020/21
- South Africa in Pakistan 2020/21
- West Indies in Bangladesh 2020/21
View all Current Events CLICK HERE