|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 13th October 2009
Somerset skipper Justin Langer was left hoping for a Trinidad and Tobago victory over the Deccan Chargers.
That, is the only way left for Somerset to remain in the Champions League Twenty20 after the county side were outclassed by their Caribbean opponents.
Somerset, who won a thrilling last ball win against Deccan Chargers, were on the wrong end of a 44-run defeat in their second outing in the group stage of the competition.
Somerset's chances of progressing now depend on a T&T victory over the Chargers.
"Trinidad played brilliantly in all aspects of the game," Langer said.
"I don't think India would like me saying this, but I hope Trinidad beat Deccan.
"It's a bit disappointing and we made it hard for ourselves.
"I guess we will know in the next few days just where we stand."
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in New Zealand 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- Isle of Man in Spain 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in South Africa 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE