MAYNARD, Edmund Anthony Jefferson.
Born at Chesterfield, Derbyshire, 10th February 1861.
Died at Hoon, Hilton, Derbyshire, 10th January 1931.
The son of E.G. Maynard, of West House, Chesterfield, he was educated at Harrow, where he was a member of the cricket eleven in 1879, he went up to Trinity College, Cambridge. where he played for the University 1881-83, but did not get his blue. In all he played in 47 first-class matches, 37 of them for Derbyshire which he captained 1885-87. He gained his B.A. in 1883. He was a J.P. for Derbyshire and resided at Hoon Ridge, Hilton, Derbyshire.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was boarding at 49 Sidney Street, Cambridge, with Mrs. Elizabeth Frisby a 40 year old university lodging housekeeper and her 13 year old daughter Annie. He is a 20 year old Undergraduate of Cambridge University. There are four other Undergraduates present and one domestic servant.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in India 2022/23
- England in South Africa 2022/23
- ICC Women's Twenty20 World Cup 2022/23
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2022/23
- New Zealand in India 2022/23
- Pakistan Women in Australia 2022/23
- Singapore Women in Cambodia 2022/23
- South Africa Women's International Twenty20 Tri-Series 2022/23
- West Indies in Zimbabwe 2022/23
View all Current Events CLICK HERE