|Player:||DR Flynn, IE O'Brien, JS Patel|
|Event:||India in New Zealand 2008/09|
DateLine: 23rd March 2009
Injured players Daniel Flynn and Iain O'Brien have been retained in the New Zealand squad for the second Test against India starting on March 26 in Napier. However Jacob Oram, who made himself unavailable for the first Test because he was not yet confident of playing a five-day game after recovering from injury, was not considered despite captain Daniel Vettori being keen to have him in the squad.
Offspinner Jeetan Patel returned to the squad after being released to play for Wellington in the State Championship match against Otago where he took 6 for 137. Coach Andy Moles had indicated on Sunday that Patel would play in Napier. Glenn Turner, the head of the selection panel, said Oram was excluded because he was yet to regain full match fitness. The only omission from the first Test squad is uncapped bowler Brent Arnel, who was not considered after picking up a side strain during a State Championship match.
O'Brien also suffered a side strain during the Test but was hopeful of recovering in the next couple of days. No cover has been called for Flynn who bruised his hand in the match. The two are expected to be available for selection.
New Zealand squad : Daniel Vettori (capt), Daniel Flynn, James Franklin, Martin Guptill Tim McIntosh, Brendon McCullum, Chris Martin, Kyle Mills, Iain O'Brien, Jeetan Patel, Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE