|Scorecard:||West Indies v England|
|Player:||SM Davies, RR Sarwan|
|Event:||England in West Indies 2008/09|
DateLine: 16th March 2009
An inspired performance by Ramnaresh Sarwan steered the West Indies to a comfortable six-wicket victory over England in their one-off Twenty20 match at the Queen's Park Oval on Sunday. Sarwan helped run out two England players and then hit a fine 59 to spur the West Indies to 123-4 off 18 overs, finishing with 12 balls remaining, in reply to the visitors' modest 121 all out off 19.1 overs.
Opener Steve Davies, on his international debut, top-scored for England with 27. But Sulieman Benn took 3-24 and a total of three run outs caused England's innings to stutter. There was also a wicket apiece for Lionel Baker (1-12), Darren Sammy (1-14), Fidel Edwards (1-18) and Dwayne Bravo (1-34).
The West Indies lost an early wicket but Sarwan, the standout batsman in the preceding test series, guided his side to victory. Having already engineered the run-outs of Gareth Batty and Dimitri Mascarenhas, the 28-year-old right-hander lashed four fours and two sixes off 46 balls before he fell with the victory in sight. Lendl Simmons contributed a level-headed 23 not out while Kieron Pollard (4 not out) ended the match with a boundary.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE