|Scorecard:||Pakistan Women v West Indies Women|
|Player:||SR Taylor, Armaan Khan, Almas Akram|
|Event:||ICC Women's World Cup 2008/09|
DateLine: 14th March 2009
A brisk 43 from Armaan Khan helped Pakistan prevail over West Indies in a low-scoring Super Six encounter at the Drummoyne Oval. In a match in which almost everyone else struggled to score fluently, Armaan slammed two sixes and three fours in a 48-ball innings to guide Pakistan to the target with 2.1 overs to spare. Pakistan's chase was faltering at the 30-over mark - they had plodded to 55 for 5 - before Armaan and captain Urooj Mumtaz cobbled together a 61-run stand to revive their team's chances. The final touches were provided by Qanita Jalil, who hit a 13-ball 15.
It was Jalil who had sparked a collapse earlier in the match when West Indies were sent in. She took the first wicket, trapping captain Merissa Aguilleira lbw in the fifth over. Two more wickets fell in the next seven deliveries as West Indies slipped to 3 for 16. Opener Stafanie Taylor top scored with a measured 55, but with only one other batsman making it past 12, West Indies could only muster an inadequate 132.
Pakistan's next match will be against Australia on Monday, while West Indies have a tough game against an in-form England on Tuesday.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE