|Scorecard:||South Africa v Australia|
|Player:||GC Smith, AG Prince|
|Event:||Australia in South Africa 2008/09|
DateLine: 8th March 2009
South Africa suffered another major blow when skipper Graeme Smith was on Saturday ruled out of the remainder of the Test series against archrivals Australia after he fractured a finger.
Smith retired hurt on two on the second day of the second Test in Durban on Saturday after being struck on the right glove by a delivery from left-armer Mitchell Johnson.
"Graeme has suffered an undisplaced fracture of the little finger of right hand and will be out of action for two to three weeks," team spokesman Michael Owen-Smith told reporters. According to the team sources he will bat only if it is required.
Selectors have yet to decide who will take over the captaincy in the field for the last three days of the second Test. Ashwell Prince is expected to come into the playing XI for the final Test in place of Smith.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE