|Scorecard:||South Africa v Australia|
|Player:||GC Smith, AG Prince|
|Event:||Australia in South Africa 2008/09|
DateLine: 8th March 2009
South Africa suffered another major blow when skipper Graeme Smith was on Saturday ruled out of the remainder of the Test series against archrivals Australia after he fractured a finger.
Smith retired hurt on two on the second day of the second Test in Durban on Saturday after being struck on the right glove by a delivery from left-armer Mitchell Johnson.
"Graeme has suffered an undisplaced fracture of the little finger of right hand and will be out of action for two to three weeks," team spokesman Michael Owen-Smith told reporters. According to the team sources he will bat only if it is required.
Selectors have yet to decide who will take over the captaincy in the field for the last three days of the second Test. Ashwell Prince is expected to come into the playing XI for the final Test in place of Smith.
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE