|Player:||M Muralitharan, Wasim Akram, Kapil Dev|
|Event:||India in Sri Lanka 2008/09|
DateLine: 5th February 2009
Muttiah Muralitharan has become the highest wicket-taker in one-day internationals, over-taking Pakistan fast bowler Wasim Akram's haul of 502 wickets, in the fourth ODI against India in Colombo. Murali started the his 328th match level with Akram and dismissed Gautam Gambhir in his 10th over to claim his 503rd wicket.
Murali, 36, is also the highest wicket-taker in Tests, with 769 wickets from 125 matches. The last person to simultaneously hold the record for most Test and ODI wickets was former Indian captain Kapil Dev.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE