|Player:||A Symonds, DS Lehmann|
DateLine: 22nd January 2009
Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann feels Australia are missing Andrew Symonds in the one-dayers and urged the injured all rounder to return "as soon as possible".
"We need Symonds' experience and his explosive talent in the one-day format -- they have missed him," former Test batsman said.
"Hopefully, he gets fit and ready to go so he can get back into that one-day side as soon as possible," Lehmann was quoted as saying by 'The Australian'.
The 33-year-old Symonds, who is recovering after a knee surgery, will be measured for a domestic match next week. He is also anticipated to take the field for the Gold Coast Dolphins against Redlands at Kerrydale on Saturday.
"He knows what he has to do to get right. I have no doubt he will make runs and he will be in form when he comes back for Australia -- he's a quality player," Lehmann said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE