|Player:||A Symonds, DS Lehmann|
DateLine: 22nd January 2009
Former Australia batsman Darren Lehmann feels Australia are missing Andrew Symonds in the one-dayers and urged the injured all rounder to return "as soon as possible".
"We need Symonds' experience and his explosive talent in the one-day format -- they have missed him," former Test batsman said.
"Hopefully, he gets fit and ready to go so he can get back into that one-day side as soon as possible," Lehmann was quoted as saying by 'The Australian'.
The 33-year-old Symonds, who is recovering after a knee surgery, will be measured for a domestic match next week. He is also anticipated to take the field for the Gold Coast Dolphins against Redlands at Kerrydale on Saturday.
"He knows what he has to do to get right. I have no doubt he will make runs and he will be in form when he comes back for Australia -- he's a quality player," Lehmann said.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE