DateLine: 6th January 2009
East Lancs have tied up a professional for the forthcoming season.
A happy East Lancs Chairman Larry Pearson revealed; "I am delighted to confirm the signing of South African all-rounder Ryan Bailey. Aged 26, he is no stranger to the north-west as he played as professional for Carnforth in the Northern League in 2008, scoring 859 runs from just 15 innings at an average of 78.09. For East Lancs he acted a sub-pro four times scoring an amazing 311 runs, and taking 16 economical wickets.
"He is continuing the good form in South Africa where he has established himself in the Eagles side as a genuine all-rounder." Since making his First-class debut in 2003, Bailey has notched 2627 runs at 30.5 with four centuries. His right-arm medium pace has so far accounted for nine First-class victims. Bailey will be East Lancs' 14th South African professional following in the footsteps of Jimmy Blanckenberg, Hugh Tayfield, Pat Trimborn, Peter Swart, Cyril Mitchley, Steve Jeffries, Allan Dawson, Billy Stelling, Claude Henderson, Con De Lange, Johann Louw, Quinton Friend and Loots Bosman who was the most recent in 2005.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE