|Ground:||Springbok Park, Bloemfontein|
|Scorecard:||South Africa v Bangladesh|
|Player:||GC Smith, ND McKenzie, HM Amla, Shahadat Hossain|
|Event:||Bangladesh in South Africa 2008/09|
DateLine: 19th November 2008
South Africa hosted Bangladesh at Bloemfontein in the first test match of the two-test series between the two sides. On a hard and bouncy pitch, Bangladesh won the toss and elected to field first. And their bowlers struggled for most part of the day, as the South African batsmen made merry at their expense.
Imrul Kayes made his test debut for the visitors.
Captain Graeme Smith and Neil McKenzie were first involved in a century run first wicket partnership that was surprisingly was a little slower than what one would have expected it to come in. The hundred came in the 35th over, but it was followed soon after with the wicket of McKenzie who scooped a rather simple chance to point off the bowling of Shahadat Hossain. That, however, was the only success for the tourists, as Hashim Amla joined his captain and the duo was involved in an unbeaten 196-run partnership.
Smith completed his century and went on to finish the day on an unbeaten 138, while Amla was dropped in his nineties in the slips and went on to get to his hundred too. He ended the day on 103.
The Bangladeshis took the new ball immediately after it was due, but the light played truant after just one more and was offered to the batsmen. The play ended with South Africans at 299/1 and like sending Bangladesh on a leather hunt on the second day.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE