DateLine: 19th February 2008
Lowerhouse have signed Australian Brendan Drew as their professional for 2008.
Drew is a hugely talented 24 year-old fast-medium bowler and right hand batsman and has been a regular member of the Tasmanian state side since making his debut in 2005. He has taken 52 wickets in 19 first-class matches to date and 25 in 15 one-day games. He averages 12 with the bat in First-class matches and 23 in one-day cricket. He was invited to the Australian Academy in 2007 and named in the preliminary squad for the Twenty20 World Championship in 2007. His run up and action has been likened to that of Glenn McGrath.
Lowerhouse Director David Wren said: “We are very pleased to have signed Brendan. We have been following his progress for a couple of seasons following his transfer to Tasmania. I have spoken to Ryan Harris about him as a person and character and both felt he would fit in well at Lowerhouse and be a major asset. He is a quality player with strong personality and I’m sure he will have a marked effect on the players, particularly the many young players coming through, and will be very popular with the members and supporters. "
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE