DateLine: 26th January 2008
A hectic week on the professionals front has seen Nelson confirm the return of New Zealander Craig McMillan this summer.
The club originally signed McMillan as professional in August 2006 in place of Robin Peterson whose continued International commitments prevented him from returning.
McMillan made his debut against Lowerhouse on Saturday 5th August. The following day he played for Nelson in the Get Solutions Worsley Cup Final at Burnley, hitting an unbeaten 99 to lead Nelson to a memorable victory. The New Zealander hit 285 runs at 95.0 in his 7 innings for the club with match winning unbeaten innings of 39 v Rawtenstall, 87 v Colne and 66 v Todmorden but his season ended as it had begun with a duck at East Lancs in a 7 run defeat for Nelson who finished in fourth place. McMillan also took 19 wickets at 19.8.
The New Zealander returned to Nelson in 2007, hitting 269 runs at 34.1 and taking 21 wickets at 18.1 but the club had to employ a staggering ten sub professionals as McMillan missed exactly half of the season due to injury and international calls.
Nelson's signing leaves just Church and Lowerhouse to confirm their arrangements for 2008.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE