|Ground:||Defence Housing Authority Stadium, Karachi|
|Scorecard:||Pakistan Cricket Board Patron's XI v Zimbabweans|
|Player:||BRM Taylor, T Taibu, Shahid Afridi, Yasir Shah|
|Event:||Zimbabwe in Pakistan 2007/08|
DateLine: 15th January 2008
Leg-spinners Shahid Afridi and Yasir Shah shared seven wickets between them to bowl Zimbabwe out for 209 in their tour match against a Patron's XI here on Monday.
The experienced Afridi took 4-37, while the 21-year-old Shah took 3-42 as the tourists' frailties against spin were exposed on the opening day of the four-day side match at Defense Stadium.
At stumps, the home team had reached 65 without losing a wicket.
Zimbabwe, who are here to play a five-match one-day series, are hoping to boost their claim for Test status, which was suspended in 2005 due to a slump in performance.
Brendon Taylor top-scored with 64 and shared two partnerships of 52 with Vusi Sibanda (29) for the second wicket and 62 for the third with Tatenda Taibu (46) to rescue the tourists, who won the toss and batted.
Sean Williams (32) and Elton Chigumbura (21) also contributed in the middle order before Afridi and Shah did the damage.
The tourists rested captain Prosper Utseya, who has yet to fully recover from an ankle problem.
Zimbabwe and Pakistan play the first one-day international here on January 21.
Brief Scores: Zimbabwe 209 all out in 69.1 overs (B. Taylor 64; Shahid Afridi 4-37, Yasir Shah 3-42)
Patron's XI 65-0
(Article: Copyright © 2008 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE