DateLine: 17th July 2007
Damien Wright made his first-class debut for Tasmania in 1997/98 and the combative all-rounder has subsequently been a regular member of his state side, as well as the Australia A team in 2002/03 and 2004/05.
In the late 1990s he also began a useful career in League cricket in the U.K., playing for Scotland in 2001, and then joining Northamptonshire in 2003. He returned to the East Midland county in 2005, and enjoyed a most productive season with them, taking 53 wickets and scoring 609 runs.
However, he subsequently sustained a serious back injury and was out of the game for over a year. He returned to the Tasmania side in 2006/07 and was a key member of their side that won the Pura Cup. In the final of that competition in Hobart, he took 5/13 as Tasmania defeated New South Wales to win the Cup for the first time in their history.
Wright joined Glamorgan mid-way through the 2007 season after David Harrison was ruled out for the season with a back injury. Wright made his Championship debut for Glamorgan in their contest with Middlesex at Swansea, but the following week at Cresselly, he sustained a thigh injury whilst bowling against Surrey in a one-day game and missed the next three weeks.
He returned to action for Glamorgan in their Twenty20 Cup campaign, but during these matches, he suffered discomfort in his left ankle, and after further medical advice, he returned to Australia in mid-July for an exploratory operation.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE