DateLine: 21st February 2007
Lowerhouse have signed Victorian all rounder Jon Moss as their new professional.
The 31 year-old has scored 4482 runs at 35.0 with an unbeaten 172 being the best score in a First-class career that began in 2000-01. He also has 131 wickets at 33.9 and will come with a reputation as a very useful One Day player particularly at the end of the innings with his right arm medium paced bowling.
A hard hitting middle order batsman, Moss has plenty of experience in English conditions after two seasons with Derbyshire and an earlier spell with Berkshire in 2001.
The all rounder joins fellow Victorians Tony Dodemaide (now Victoria Chief Executive), Shaun Flegler, Matthew Mott and Andrew McDonald who have all enjoyed their time at Liverpool Road.
Lowerhouse Chairman David Wren said: “We are very pleased to have signed Jon. He is an experienced quality player with a strong personality and I’m sure he will have a marked effect on the players, particularly the many young players coming through, and will be very popular with the members and supporters.
“We are looking to build on the progress we have made over the last couple of years and to become a consistently successful side. We expect Jonathan to make a significant contribution in matches and to work with the young players in training, enhancing the clubs’ development”.
Moss is the second Australian all rounder to sign for a Lancashire League club this week following Haslingden's capture of Dan Christian leaving just Bacup and East Lancs to announce signings.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE