DateLine: 17th January 2007
Former Pakistan captain Moin Khan was freed on bail after a brief detention over a complaint that he beat up his wife at home, police said Wednesday.
Moin, who lives in Karachi's Clifton seaside area, was arrested early Tuesday after his wife, Tasneem Khan, complained, and was released in the evening after submitting a surety bond, local police officer Azad Khan said.
"Moin was produced before a court and on a guarantee that he would not repeat the act he was released," Khan said.
The 35-year-old former wicketkeeper batsman, who played 69 Tests and 219 one-day internationals, was quoted in local Urdu language newspaper Jang as saying that he committed the act "in extreme anger".
"It was a personal matter and I would like to solve it in consultation with my elders," Moin reportedly added.
(Article: Copyright © 2007 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE