|Player:||SLV Raju, KS More, DB Vengsarkar|
DateLine: 28th September 2006
Former Indian captain Dilip Vengsarkar has been named as the country's new chairman of selectors.
BCCI secretary Niranjan Singh said: "He is the right man for the post, with his experience of top-class cricket."
The 50-year-old, who retired in 1992 after 116 Tests and 129 one-day games, replaces Kiran More, who served the Indian board's maximum of four years.
Former Indian left arm spinner Venkatapathy Raju succeeds VB Chandrasekhar as the South Zone representative on the five-man selection panel.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE