|Player:||DB Hair, Wasim Akram, Inzamam-ul-Haq|
DateLine: 26th September 2006
Pakistani great Wasim Akram reckons the International Cricket Council will rein in Inzamam-ul-Haq for the infamous fourth Test against England at The Oval. Akram fears that Australian umpire Darrell Hair will be cleared by the ICC.
Inzamam is charged with ball-tampering and bringing the game into disrepute following the forfeited fourth Test against England while Hair got into trouble for his part in the incident and his subsequent offer to resign in exchange for $500,000.
Akram, however, believes the ICC will only find Inzamam guilty at a hearing scheduled to start on Wednesday.
"The ICC can't do anything about the umpires," he told the Daily Mirror. "If they do, teams will try it on, saying: 'We're not happy, change the umpire’. But they will fine or ban Inzamam-ul-Haq. Pakistan is being accused because we were giving a masterclass in ball-tampering and for 15 years nobody knew what we were doing."
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE