|Event:||South Africa in Sri Lanka 2006|
DateLine: 12th August 2006
India skipper Rahul Dravid on Friday predicted a tough triangular series against South Africa and hosts Sri Lanka, saying both rivals were a force to reckon with in world cricket.
“Sri Lanka are playing very good cricket at the moment and are always difficult opponents at home," Dravid said ahead of the August 14-29 series in the Sri Lankan capital. “And let's not forget South Africa. They are not the number two team in the world for nothing. Any side that chases down a 400-plus score has to be very explosive.”
Dravid admitted Sri Lanka would be different rivals from the side that India thrashed 6-1 at home last year. "We had a great series against them last year, but that does not give us any advantage," he said. "It's a new series, a new game and we will have to be at our best to win.
India, who arrived in Colombo on Thursday night, will play two practice matches against local teams on Saturday and Sunday.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE