|Event:||England in Australia 2006/07|
DateLine: 7th August 2006
England paceman Simon Jones’ hopes of making a comeback in the Ashes series in Australia are dim according to an English cricket spokesman.
Jones, who took 20 wickets in the thrilling 2-1 Ashes series win last year, had said following knee surgery in June that he was optimistic of being fit for the start of the first Test in Brisbane on November 23. However a spokesman for the English Cricket Board said that there was no hope of that happening. “If everything goes to plan there is a slim chance he could be fit for the final two Tests,” he said.
Jones would be desperately short of match practice in any case as he has not played for a year, after suffering bone spurs in his ankle then twisting his left knee in February.
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE