|Player:||GO Jones, CMW Read|
DateLine: 1st August 2006
England wicket-keeper Geraint Jones will be replaced by longstanding rival Chris Read for the third Test against Pakistan starting at Headingley on Friday.
Jones, who took over from Read after the Nottinghamshire gloveman was axed for the final Test against West Indies in Antigua two years ago, sustained a right ring finger injury while batting during England's innings and 120-run second Test victory at Old Trafford.
England’s chairman of selectors David Graveney said Jones had been dropped on form alone. “We have taken this decision regardless of the injury to Geraint’s finger. The key factor for the selectors was his form with the bat and we believe he will benefit from having a break from international cricket and spending more time in the middle with his county,” Graveney added.
Squad: Marcus Trescothick, Andrew Strauss (Cap), Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Ian Bell, Chris Read (wkt), Sajid Mahmood, Matthew Hoggard, Stephen Harmison, Monty Panesar, Jon Lewis.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE