|Ground:||Karachi Gymkhana Ground, Karachi|
|Scorecard:||India Women v Sri Lanka Women|
|Event:||Women's Asia Cup 2005/06|
DateLine: 1st January 2006
Defending champions India maintained their unbeaten record in the second womens Asia Cup, beating Sri Lanka by 10 wickets at the Gymkhana ground here Sunday.
India, who won their earlier match against the Islanders by the same margin, demolished Sri Lanka once again with their professional approach, and remain firmly on course to defend the title they won in 2003.
The Indians bundled their opponents out for a mere 124 runs in 49.1 overs with Rumeli Dhar (3-10), Varsna Raphael (3-22), Neetu David (2-12) and Nosheen Al-khadeer (2-26) sharing the wickets.
Praba Udawathe with 30, and Dedunu de Silva and Sumudu Fernando with 21 each were the notable scorers for the Sri Lankans.
India then knocked off the runs without losing any wickets, with Monica Sumra hitting 63 and Karuna Jain scoring 54.
India and Sri Lanka meet again in the Asia Cup final on January 4, but first the Indians take on Pakistan in an inconsequential last league match on Monday.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE