DateLine: 30th December 2005
Ramsbottom have signed Indian left arm spinning all rounder Sunil Joshi to replace Kartik Murali as professional. The highly experienced 36 year-old is a like for like replacement for his predecessor, who was ruled out of the running due to international commitments.
Joshi, who plays for Karnataka back home in India, has played in 15 Tests and 69 One Day Internationals with a Test best of 5-142 in taking 41 wickets. The left handed middle order batsman also has a top score of 92, his only half century in 19 Test innings. In First-class matches, Joshi has hit 4172 runs at 29.6 and taken 460 wickets at 26.2 since making his debut in the 1992/93 season. Joshi was named Indian Cricketer of the Year in 1996, the year he made his Test debut.
Joshi will be the club's fifth Indian professional following Gul Mohammed (1951-4), Bapu Nadkarni (1969-72), Karson Ghavri (1978, 80) and Kartik Murali (2004-5). Ramsbottom's signing leaves Haslingden, Lowerhouse and Nelson to confirm appointments.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE