|Ground:||Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan|
|Player:||ME Trescothick, MP Vaughan|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 10th November 2005
Injured England captain Michael Vaughan has been ruled out of the first Test against Pakistan in Multan and opener Marcus Trescothick will lead the side, England cricket officials said Thursday.
"The England medical team confirmed Thursday that Michael Vaughan will miss the first test in Multan starting Saturday due to a knee injury," an England and Wales Cricket Board statement said.
Vaughan will continue to receive treatment and further updates on his progress will be released, said the statement, which was given to media at a press conference in the central Pakistani city.
"The England and Wales Cricket Board have appointed Marcus Trescothick as captain for the first Test and he will continue to lead in case Vaughan misses any further matches," it added.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- England in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- India in Australia 2014/15
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa Women in India 2014/15
- West Indies in South Africa 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE