|Ground:||Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan|
|Player:||ME Trescothick, MP Vaughan|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 10th November 2005
Injured England captain Michael Vaughan has been ruled out of the first Test against Pakistan in Multan and opener Marcus Trescothick will lead the side, England cricket officials said Thursday.
"The England medical team confirmed Thursday that Michael Vaughan will miss the first test in Multan starting Saturday due to a knee injury," an England and Wales Cricket Board statement said.
Vaughan will continue to receive treatment and further updates on his progress will be released, said the statement, which was given to media at a press conference in the central Pakistani city.
"The England and Wales Cricket Board have appointed Marcus Trescothick as captain for the first Test and he will continue to lead in case Vaughan misses any further matches," it added.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE