|Player:||LE Plunkett, SP Jones|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 12th October 2005
Durham's Liam Plunkett has been called up to replace Simon Jones in England's Test squad for the tour of Pakistan.
The 20-year-old fast bowler, who had already been named in the one-day squad, earns his call-up after Jones was ruled out with an ankle injury.
Chairman of selectors David Graveney said: "This is an excellent opportunity and underlines his potential."
"I've tried to perform well this year and to now be in the England Test squad is fantastic," said Plunkett.
"Just to be a part of the Test squad is massive for me.
"Even if I don't get to play in a Test match while I'm in Pakistan I'll learn so much from being around such a quality group of players," he added.
Meanwhile, Chris Tremlett's fitness will continue to be assessed as he seeks to overcome a knee injury.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE