|Player:||LE Plunkett, SP Jones|
|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 12th October 2005
Durham's Liam Plunkett has been called up to replace Simon Jones in England's Test squad for the tour of Pakistan.
The 20-year-old fast bowler, who had already been named in the one-day squad, earns his call-up after Jones was ruled out with an ankle injury.
Chairman of selectors David Graveney said: "This is an excellent opportunity and underlines his potential."
"I've tried to perform well this year and to now be in the England Test squad is fantastic," said Plunkett.
"Just to be a part of the Test squad is massive for me.
"Even if I don't get to play in a Test match while I'm in Pakistan I'll learn so much from being around such a quality group of players," he added.
Meanwhile, Chris Tremlett's fitness will continue to be assessed as he seeks to overcome a knee injury.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE