|Event:||England in Pakistan 2005/06|
DateLine: 25th September 2005
England seamer Simon Jones is rated just 50-50 to be fit for the upcoming tour of Pakistan.
The Glamorgan paceman missed the final Ashes Test at The Oval with an ankle injury and faces a scan on the problem on Friday.
England physiotherapist Kirk Russell told the Sunday Times: "It is very much 50-50 with him.
"We have an England camp on October 17 and 18 at Loughborough and he needs to be bowling then for him to be declared fit to tour Pakistan.
"If things continue to progress well, we will look to increase the amount of weight the ankle is bearing before Simon starts running again."
Jones took 18 wickets in the first four Tests before his place in the XI which secured the Ashes was taken by Durham all-rounder Paul Collingwood.
Pakistan host England for a three-match Test series and five one-day matches from November to December this year. The first Test starts in Multan on November 12.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE