|Ground:||Keenan Stadium, Jamshedpur|
|Scorecard:||India v Pakistan|
|Event:||Pakistan in India 2004/05|
DateLine: 11th April 2005
India captain Sourav Ganguly has been fined 70 per cent of his match fee for slow over-rate during a one-day international against Pakistan, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said.
ICC match referee Chris Broad docked Ganguly after India took 30 extra minutes to complete the stipulated 50 overs during Saturday's match in Jamshedpur, which Pakistan won by 106 runs to reduce India's lead to 2-1 in the six-match series.
"India have a history of bowling their overs slowly in one-day cricket but past events could not be taken into consideration in this case because they happened outside the previous 12-month period," Broad said in a statement on Monday.
"Ganguly accepts responsibility for the slow over-rate and will aim to improve things for the forthcoming matches in this exciting series."
The Indian captain has been hauled up in the past for his team's inability to bowl the overs in the required three-and-half hours.
Earlier media reports said Ganguly was fined his entire match fees of around 4,500 dollars.
The remaining three matches in the series will be played in Ahmedabad on Tuesday, Kanpur on Friday and New Delhi on Sunday.
(Article: Copyright © 2005 AFP)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE