|Event:||New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012/13|
DateLine: 3rd November 2012
NEW ZEALAND CRICKET MEDIA RELEASE
2 November 2012
Second and third ODIs moved to Pallekele
New Zealand Cricket (NZC) today confirmed that the second and third One Day Internationals of the Sri Lankan tour will now be played in Pallekele due to R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo being waterlogged.
The BLACKCAPS travelled to Colombo this morning and will now return to Kandy tomorrow ahead of the relocated second ODI at Pallekele International Stadium.
BLACKCAPS Team Manager, Mike Sandle, said: "Colombo has had a period of extremely wet weather, which has forced Sri Lankan Cricket to move the matches to Pallekele.
"A lake close to the Premadasa has risen significantly, causing the water table so high that it is affecting the ground's ability to drain.
"I understand it is currently fine in Pallekele and we are hoping the weather is kind to us so we can get some cricket underway."
The second and third ODIs in the five-match series will be played on November 4 and 6.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2012 New Zealand Cricket)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE