DateLine: 31st December 2011
Media Release - 31 December 2011
ICC denies PCB's statement
The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Saturday denied a reported statement made by the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board that fast bowler Wahab Riaz was selected in the Pakistan squad for the series against England after clearance from the game's governing body.
In a statement, ICC Chief Executive Mr Haroon Lorgat said: "I have said before and reiterate that the ICC has no part to play in the selection of any team. It remains the absolute right of a Member Board to decide which player it wishes to include in a squad or select in its team for any match."
Mr Lorgat further added: "Only if a player has been charged and/or provisionally suspended by the ICC and/or banned by an independent tribunal, will he will not be cleared for selection. In all other circumstances, it is the Member Board's absolute right to select players."
The ICC will not make any further comment on this issue.
For further information, please contact:
ICC - Media and Communications Operations Manager
Dubai Mobile: +971 50 452 8662
PO Box 500 070, Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 382 8800
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2011 International Cricket Council)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE