|Event:||Sri Lanka in Australia 2010/11|
DateLine: 7th October 2010
The Sri Lankan selectors have included Muttiah Muralitharan in the squad for the limited-overs tour of Australia in November as Sri Lanka build their team for the 2011 World Cup.
Aravinda de Silva, Sri Lanka's chairman of selectors, said Murali remained an important part of the one-day set up, though he had retired from Tests and didn't play the recent tri-series in Sri Lanka which also involved India and New Zealand. "Muralitharan is definitely part of our World Cup plans and we have included him to give him some international exposure ahead of the big event," de Silva said. Murali had retired from Tests during the home series against India in July but said he would be available for the World Cup if selected.
Suraj Randiv, another offspinner, was also picked in the 16-man squad but de Silva said only one spinner was likely to play on Australian pitches.
Sri Lanka will play three one-day warm-up matches against Queensland and New South Wales before facing Australia in a Twenty20 international and three ODIs.
Squad : Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), Mahela Jayawardene (vc), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Chamara Silva, Jeevan Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Chamara Kapugedara, Thisara Perera, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Kulasekera, Dilhara Fernando, Muttiah Muralitharan, Suraj Randiv, Dammika Prasad, Dinesh Chandimal.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE