DateLine: 14th September 2010
I have taken the decision to resign after being issued a notice by the board for having given statements on a television talk show on the spot fixing issue.
I have sent my explanation to the board with reference to the notice but I would like to make it clear here that while it is an honour to serve Pakistan cricket in any position I canít remain quiet on a key cricket issue that could determine the future of Pakistan cricket.
As a former player and captain, people look up to me and expect me to speak honestly and without bias and that I have done without meaning anything personal against anyone.
I have enjoyed working as wicket keeping coach under the supervision of Ijaz Butt as Chairman of the board but as a former captain, I have other responsibilities as well to Pakistan cricket which has given me a lot.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2010 Muhammad Asif Khan)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE