DateLine: 14th September 2010
I have taken the decision to resign after being issued a notice by the board for having given statements on a television talk show on the spot fixing issue.
I have sent my explanation to the board with reference to the notice but I would like to make it clear here that while it is an honour to serve Pakistan cricket in any position I canít remain quiet on a key cricket issue that could determine the future of Pakistan cricket.
As a former player and captain, people look up to me and expect me to speak honestly and without bias and that I have done without meaning anything personal against anyone.
I have enjoyed working as wicket keeping coach under the supervision of Ijaz Butt as Chairman of the board but as a former captain, I have other responsibilities as well to Pakistan cricket which has given me a lot.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2010 Muhammad Asif Khan)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE