|Player:||Yuvraj Singh, RS Dravid|
|Event:||India in Sri Lanka 2010|
DateLine: 26th June 2010
Indian middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh and veteran Rahul Dravid returned to the Indian Test for the three-match away series against Sri Lanka next month.
Both Yuvraj and Dravid had to miss India's last Test assignment against South Africa at home due to injuries suffered during the Bangladesh Test series early in the year.
Senior batsman Dravid, who was hit by a rising Shahdat Hossain ball in the Mirpur Test and was advised three weeks' rest, returned to the side at the expense of S Badrinath.
A huge surprise in the Test squad was the selection of wicketkeeper-batsman Wriddhiman Saha who was preferred over Dinesh Karthik. Saha had made his debut in Nagpur against South Africa but was left out for the Kolkata match.
The pace attack comprises the troika of Zaheer Khan, S Sreesanth and Ishant Sharma, while the spin department has Harbhajan Singh, Amit Mishra and Pragyan Ojha.
Since Virender Sehwag is nursing a hamstring injury, the selectors have decided to keep Murali Vijay as a back-up opener.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (c), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Suresh Raina, Murali Vijay, Wriddhiman Saha, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Amit Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, Ishant Sharma, S Sreesanth.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE