|Player:||MS Dhoni, MEK Hussey, HM Amla|
DateLine: 6th June 2010
Indian captain MS Dhoni today lost his number one to Australia's Michael Hussey in the latest ICC rankings for ODI batsmen.
The dashing wicket-keeper had regained the top spot from Hussey in February after the Australian scored 23 against New Zealand in the fourth ODI and didn't play in the fifth. South African AB de Villiers is just two ratings points behind Dhoni at the third position.
Sachin Tendulkar shares the fourth position with South African opener Hashim Amla who produced a stellar performances with the bat in the just concluded five-ODI series against the West Indies.
Amla, who had started the series in 25th position, has climbed 21 places after scores of 102, 92, 34, 129 and 45 and has same 751 points.
The 27-year-old from Durban will now be chasing India opener Virender Sehwag's number-one position in the ICC Player Rankings for Test batsmen when the three-Test series starts in Port-of-Spain from June 10. Amla is in second place and trails Sehwag by 21 ratings points. A good performance in Port of Spain could potentially put him ahead of the Indian to give South Africa top positions in the batting, bowling and all-rounders' table.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE