|Ground:||Basin Reserve, Wellington|
|Scorecard:||New Zealand v Australia|
|Player:||MJ Clarke, MJ North, DL Vettori|
|Event:||Australia in New Zealand 2009/10|
DateLine: 20th March 2010
The Australian domination of the Test spilled into the second day of the Test as New Zealand floundered as they lost the plot of the match. Australia powered by huge centuries from Clarke and North reached 459 for five before Ricky Ponting declared. New Zealand in reply limped to 108 for the loss of 4 wickets.
Resuming at 316 for 4 overnight batsmen Clarke (168, 253b, 2x6, 22x4) and North (112, 208b, 2x6, 11x4) put to sword an ineffective Kiwi bowling attack. The pair added 253 in 61.4 overs as Vettori ran out of ideas. Clarke was finally stumped of Vettori delivery and soon Ponting sprang a surprise as he declared the innings at 459.
New Zealand in reply got off to a horrible start as Watling (0, 1b) was trapped leg before by an inswinger from Bollinger. The wickets continued to tumble before Guptill was joined at the crease by Vettori. The pair then stemmed the rot as they added 65 for the fifth wicket to take New Zealand to 108 at the close of day's play.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE