|Player:||Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan|
DateLine: 10th March 2010
Media Release - 10 March 2010
After the dismal tour of Australia 2009-10, the Chairman PCB constituted a Committee to assess and evaluate the performance of players on the tour. The Committee consisted of Mr Wasim Bari (Chairman), Mr Wazir Ali Khoja, Mr Yawar Saeed, Mr. Zakir Khan and Mr. Taffazul Haider Rizvi as Members.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
The Terms of Reference of the Committee were as follows:
1. Team discipline during the Tour
2. Team performance during the Tour
3. Ball tampering incident involving Shahid Khan Afridi and its possible consequences under the Central Contract.
4. Any other issues arising from the Australia Tour.
5. The Committee shall present its report by the end of February, 2010.
SESSIONS OF COMMITTEE:
The Committee held marathon sessions on 12th, 13th and 27th February 2010. Following persons were called in for personal appearance by the Committee:
1. Mr. Abdul Raqeeb, Manager Pakistan Cricket Team
2. Muhammad Talha Ejaz Talha, Cricket Analyst, Pakistan Cricket Board
3. Dr Faisal Hayat, Physio, Pakistan Cricket Team
4. Mr. Shahid Khan Afridi, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
5. Mr. Umar Akmal, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
6. Mr. Kamran Akmal, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
7. Mr. Mohammad Yousuf, Capitan Pakistan Cricket Team
8. Mr. Shoaib Malik, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
9. Mr. Intikhab Alam, Coach Pakistan Cricket Team
10. Mr. Salman Butt, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
11. Mr. Younis Khan, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
12. Mr. Aaqib Javed, Assistant Coach Pakistan Cricket Team
13. Mr. Rana Naveed ul Hasan, Member Pakistan Cricket Team
REPORTS PRESENTED TO THE COMMITTEE:
Following Reports were made available to the Committee:
a. Coach Report - Pakistan tour UAE / New Zealand and Australia 2009-10 by Mr Intikhab Alam.
b. Manager Report - Pakistan tour UAE / New Zealand and Australia 2009-10 by Mr Abdul Raqeeb.
c. Report of Bowling Consultant Pakistan tour in Australia 2009-10 by Mr Waqar Younis.
The Committee conducted detailed interactive sessions with the persons appearing before it and confronted the officials and the players of Pakistan Cricket Team with the reports submitted to it and other material available on print, internet and electronic media. The transcripts and team management reports mentioned supra form an integral part of the Committee’s report.
After careful and detailed analysis of the events, the personal accounts of the team management and players and examination of record, videos and statistics, the unanimous recommendations of the Committee were as follows:
1. Mohammad Yousuf and Younis Khan keeping in view their infighting which resulted in bringing down the whole team, their attitude has a trickledown effect which is a bad influence for the whole team should not be part of national team in any format.
2. For the shameful act of Shahid Khan Afridi, which has brought the game and country into disrepute, he be fined Rupees Three Million. A warning be issued to him by the Chairman PCB and he be put on probation for 06 months, during which his conduct be strictly monitored.
3. Kamran Akamal be fined Rupees Three Million. A warning be issued to him by the Chairman PCB and he be put on probation for 06 months, during which his conduct be strictly monitored.
4. Umar Akmal be fined Rupees Two Million. A warning be issued to him by the Chairman PCB and he be put on probation for 06 months, during which his conduct be strictly monitored.
5. Rana Naved-ul-Hasan and Shoaib Malik be fined Rupees Two Million. They should not be part of national team in any format for a period of one year.
Recommendations of the Inquiry Committee have been accepted by PCB in totality.
The recommendations of the Committee will go a long way to arrest the continuing decline Pakistan cricket and improve the state of cricket in Pakistan. It is a landmark exercise which is an outcome of labor and hard work of the members of the Committee.
(Article: Copyright © 2010 Pakistan Cricket Board)