|Ground:||Captain Roop Singh Stadium, Gwalior|
|Scorecard:||India v South Africa|
|Player:||SR Tendulkar, AB de Villiers|
|Event:||South Africa in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 3rd March 2010
Sachin Tendulkar scored the first ever double hundred in an one-day international as India sealed the three match series. The acclaimed Indian opener scored a scintillating 200 which spanned 147 balls with three maximums and 25 boundaries. India scored a mammoth 401 in their fifty overs for the loss of three wickets. South Africa in reply scored 248 in 42.5 overs while losing all their wickets in the process. Only de Villiers was unbeaten on 114.
Earlier Dhoni won the toss and elected to bat first on a pitch that looked like a batting paradise. India lost opener Virender Sehwag for nine to left-arm seamer Wayne Parnell but Tendulkar with Dinesh Karthik put on 194 for the second wicket.
Tendulkar was in complete control of the attack after hitting a century in each of the two tests against South Africa in the drawn test series earlier this month. He put on 81 for the third wicket with Yusuf Pathan and 101 for the unbroken fourth with Dhoni who blasted 68 off 35 balls with seven fours and four sixes.
AB de Villiers hit his fifth ODI hundred but South Africa could not recover after losing their first four wickets for 83 to Indian seamers.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE