|Ground:||Captain Roop Singh Stadium, Gwalior|
|Scorecard:||India v South Africa|
|Player:||SR Tendulkar, AB de Villiers|
|Event:||South Africa in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 3rd March 2010
Sachin Tendulkar scored the first ever double hundred in an one-day international as India sealed the three match series. The acclaimed Indian opener scored a scintillating 200 which spanned 147 balls with three maximums and 25 boundaries. India scored a mammoth 401 in their fifty overs for the loss of three wickets. South Africa in reply scored 248 in 42.5 overs while losing all their wickets in the process. Only de Villiers was unbeaten on 114.
Earlier Dhoni won the toss and elected to bat first on a pitch that looked like a batting paradise. India lost opener Virender Sehwag for nine to left-arm seamer Wayne Parnell but Tendulkar with Dinesh Karthik put on 194 for the second wicket.
Tendulkar was in complete control of the attack after hitting a century in each of the two tests against South Africa in the drawn test series earlier this month. He put on 81 for the third wicket with Yusuf Pathan and 101 for the unbroken fourth with Dhoni who blasted 68 off 35 balls with seven fours and four sixes.
AB de Villiers hit his fifth ODI hundred but South Africa could not recover after losing their first four wickets for 83 to Indian seamers.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE